Rangerwood Nature Castle – The Heritage Ayurvedic Resort in Thekkady, Kerala
History of Ayurveda
With its roots dug deep in the Indian soils for more than 5,000 years, Ayurveda is a science of healing that deals in maintaining the harmony of the mind, body and soul to improve the quality of life and its longevity. The famous sage, Veda Vayasa who is also believed to be the shaktavesha avatar of Vishnu converted the complete knowledge of Ayurveda into writing. He also scribed the Vedas and the Vedic literature.
There are mainly four major books relating to spirituality, known as the Vedas. They are the Rig (Rik), Yajur, Sama and the Atharva. Ayurveda states three major elements called the ‘doshas’ that are responsible for a person’s health. The Rik Veda has discussions on these doshas. The balance of these three (namely Vata, Pitta and Kapha) results in good health and their imbalance in illness.
Among the four Vedas, the Atharva Veda lists the eight divisions of Ayurveda - (General Medicine, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Diseases of head, Eyes, Ears, nose and Throat, Surgery, Toxicology, the Science of Fertility, and Science of Rejuvenation.)
Ayur Thejus – Rangerwood’s Ayurvedic Resort in Thekkady
Today, Kerala is the only place where traditional Ayurvedic practices are still being followed. With separate medicinal line of study, the knowledge of Auyrveda and its traditions are kept alive for future generations. With the experts at hand, the Ayurvedic resort, Ayur Thejus at Thekkady will give one traditional Ayurvedic treatments that would enlighten their soul, body and mind.
The Team - Best hands to lend the best experience
Ayur Thejus has the experts to deliver traditional Ayurvedic treatments and care. Dr. Bobby Abraham, BAMS and Dr. Anu Joy, BAMS; work ceaselessly and with sincere dedication, monitoring and assisting each and every step of the treatment to give one the best treatment experience.
Ayur Thejus also has 50 well-trained therapists (male and female) and a pharmacy that can cater to the medicinal requirements.
The treatments offered at the best Ayurvedic resort in Kerala, Ayur Thejus
The major treatments offered here are:
- Spine care
- Rejuvenation and body purification therapy
- Stress management
We also provide treatments for:
- Problems faced by ladies nearing or after menopause.
Note:The duration of the treatment packages provided at this traditional Ayurvedic resort at Thekkady range from 5 to 21 days. Treatments taken for a minimum of 5 days will give one better relief. For a complete and permanent recovery, the treatment course of 21 days is best recommended.
- We strictly follow the Traditional Ayurvedic practices; obeying the rules and regulations of traditional Ayurveda.
- The treatment area is maintained with hygiene adhering to our firm’s excellent reputation.
- There are 50 traditional expert masseurs.
- There are 30 Rooms for treatment purposes.
- We have expert lady masseurs to do massages for ladies.
- We have expert gents masseurs to do massages for gents
- Our Kerala massage (Kalari Therapy) will take a minimum duration of 120 minutes.
- As per traditional Ayurvedic practices, only 40 minutes after the massage should one go for a shower in warm water.
- The oil used for massaging is Dhanwanthari oil, which is a mixture 48 herbs.
- The lubrication oil used for massaging is Dhanwanthari oil, which is a mixture 48 herbs.
- Soon after the massage the oil leftovers will be wiped out from your body.